Turbo Sliders - New Version

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dide Dide
Community User Level: 2

Post by Dide Dide » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Jan wrote:
Hevonen wrote:But some kind of chat lobby in the master server opening screen would be awesome

Exactly what I thought. I like the minimalistic style of showing servers so no need to change that, but some kind of universal lobby could maybe increase the time people wait for more players and therefore increase the activity. IRC is now a bit like that but not many people use it and it is restricted to LVP servers only.

I agree with this, Is one of the things it needs, cause to be online ppl need to actually be on a server playing a game.
If i don't want to play at the moment and i join as spec The Game doesn't even recognize me as a player. A place to Chat would be awesome and wait would be awesome.

@Whip

Developing the Slider tool, would require developing it to Support all Operating Systems(Windows, Linux, Mac OS) which are the most active one's considering that u were asking for a ranking for a long time and that is not so complicated as learning programming in C,Java,C++ or other and coding and with that would require to be bug proof on all OS's.

@SliderTool
If there was to be developed any kind of tool, i would say make it a way
that is accessed using the Web.
* Easier to be accessed from practically any place with any device.
* Some guys don't even use the forum or even open the website, so any inside function would always be welcome.

But the good part would be notification on activity on Sliders and Chat.

@New Functions
When i was suggesting that idea up there, i knew the complexity of the things, basically i was suggesting this new implementations.

- Ability to join races or a track even if the race already started (can . And if that is implemented, a long timeout, or none would be good.

- Cups ( During the cup some cups, sometimes we get Track not found error with auto kick's us from the server or even the game quit's with an Windows Error), and if we dont get back on time after kick, i have to start my cup points from 0!!!! Omg.

- Adding the Ability to be Online without joining any server(LVP,Terra and others) with a inside chat like suggested from hevonen

- Ability to change car during the race, from pit stop a spot.

- Scroll Chat if possible, by pressing page up or down. Cause if i miss something during that time i was away i need to go to the log.txt file to read it.

arsen36

Post by arsen36 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:01 pm

and ability to save a recording in e.x. .avi or .mp4

Rendy Andrian

Post by Rendy Andrian » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:39 am

arsen36 wrote:and ability to save a recording in e.x. .avi or .mp4

To quote one of dede's posts here (I was also asking about how TSRs can be converted to those file types, hope this is still related to the TSR to video context)...

dede wrote:Tsr files aren't videos, so it's quite impossible to convert them: you need to play them and capture the screen.
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER

Fabrik
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by Fabrik » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:29 pm

Umm and what about "filters" to sort track list?
in order to sort them by Size of track an so on?

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:33 am

Elo! It's time for one new small but cute update.
Two new things are there:
-When you use -p <n> as a command line parameter (target line of the sliders.exe shortcut), you can set up controls for all the n players (sliders.ini loses them if you don't use it every time).
This means that TS will be the first game we know that can handle as many local players as you want. So, instead of 4, now you 'll be able to set even the full grid.
- Added /sayadminmono <msg>, sends an admin message with font data/font11dm.png
This means that TS will get a new monospaced font designed to be used for the statistics. It will make stats aligned and looking much better.

You can fallow the updating info on our Facebook page too. :wink:

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:40 pm

okay, lets 1vs1 with 10vs10 cars then, all 10 own cars with same keys-binding. depending on track and car/wall collisions, we gonna get some kinda weird xb battle-mod^^..

or a puzzle game (single and multiplayer) if you want so, navigating cars through a map simultaneous, needing to crash against some walls in order to position cars next to each other in a way to not get them disabled.

anyone by the way made some maze track yet (with hidden wall holes you can go through) or some kinda american gladiators parcour (team mod map parts had something of this already included)?

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:26 am

Mike Nike wrote:okay, lets 1vs1 with 10vs10 cars then, all 10 own cars with same keys-binding. depending on track and car/wall collisions, we gonna get some kinda weird xb battle-mod^^..

or a puzzle game (single and multiplayer) if you want so, navigating cars through a map simultaneous, needing to crash against some walls in order to position cars next to each other in a way to not get them disabled.

anyone by the way made some maze track yet (with hidden wall holes you can go through) or some kinda american gladiators parcour (team mod map parts had something of this already included)?

Haha. We actually could try that even before (4 players was enough). :D
Btwm I tried XB by 5 profiles with the same controls and I found that the cars are more bumping for some reason. Can you confirm that?

Jan
Community User Level: 3

Post by Jan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Mike Nike wrote:anyone by the way made some maze track yet (with hidden wall holes you can go through) or some kinda american gladiators parcour (team mod map parts had something of this already included)?

Team Play was something like this. I so want to play it again as it has surely been several years since it was played the last time as far as I know. It was one of the most fun mods.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Hmm, while playing few F1 races today, I was thinking...what would happen if the predictive camera is fixed? In other words: what if we get it as not influenced by car's speed? Somehow I feel that it would create less headaches than now and be actually very useful. In that case, game could let players to define their prediction level as big as they feel it comfortable.
That doesn't mean that current type of predictive camera should be removed.

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:32 pm

not sure if it was mentioned before, but..

how about races with defined time, not number of laps. Sth like it's in puna now, but we would see current time (seconds precision) in place, where are current laps.

It would be really helpful if you want to play certain time and it's too difficult to calculate laps or in practice sessions.

Rendy Andrian

Post by Rendy Andrian » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:24 am

Wokinger wrote:not sure if it was mentioned before, but..

how about races with defined time, not number of laps. Sth like it's in puna now, but we would see current time (seconds precision) in place, where are current laps.

It would be really helpful if you want to play certain time and it's too difficult to calculate laps or in practice sessions.

Totally seconded this!
RACING SINCE 2007

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Wokinger wrote:not sure if it was mentioned before, but..

Hmm, I'm not sure if that's possible since we're still not having a real time updating positions. So, as a result we could get that somebody won the race even he ended as 2nd when race is stopped. :wink:
But, if you're actually aiming to the last updated positions (on the start line), than yeah, I guess it would be easy to make. I'll mention this to Ande at some point. :wink:

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Whiplash wrote:But, if you're actually aiming to the last updated positions (on the start line), than yeah, I guess it would be easy to make. I'll mention this to Ande at some point. :wink:

When time is up, leader has to finish his lap and then it's end of race.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Hmm, I was thinking about one cute idea... having a safety car! :twisted:
In my mind it looks quite simple actually. That's why I want programmers words here.
Basically, it would work like this:
Safety car would be parked somewhere in the pit. It would start cruising whenever somebody reaches x% of car damage. Once the car damage is fixed in pit, the safety car would pick another driving line in order to come back to its usual pit position and wait for another accident.
So, in order to have safety car, we would just have to create 2 of its driving lines - one for cruising (normal driving line) and one for coming back to pit.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Lol, whippe, do you realise how many accidents there can be in SCARTS when safety car is driven by a computer? Imagine if it was driven by a cpu! :D

A better idea - a bot that can be controlled by the admin. This would be very useful! For instance, a big crash happens/server lag/anything else that would require SC, admin can type /sc deploy and safety car drives out

Then, when field has all pitted, ready to restart etc etc admin can type /sc in to activate that the SC will drive into pits the next time by. This would be very useful in leagues that use SC as admin will be able to concentrate on whats happening under safety car conditions, not driving the safety car itself.

I doubt its possible from the actual programming though!
www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:19 pm

This is exactly what Ande made. :P

Rendy Andrian

Re: Turbo Sliders - New Version

Post by Rendy Andrian » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:24 pm

Today I made an X-Games style rallycross track with a separate start lane from the finish line. My expectation is that at the first lap AIs would just go straight to the finish line place to race. The reality is really really harsh as the AIs go left first and then go right before crossing the finish lane at the first lap instead of aforementioned expectation.

EDIT: Here it is:

Any plans to fix cases like these where AI drivers won't behave correctly on tracks with "unique" starts?
RACING SINCE 2007

Oompa

Post by Oompa » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:19 pm

Have in-game controls for sound and zoom been mentioned?

I'd like the game to idle in the background so I can resume my crushing laps after being on the phone or mopping the floor or something like that, without the obtrusive engine noise destroying my music.

Oompa

Post by Oompa » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:53 pm

Why am I still level 1? I'd like to boast that I know this small, but impressively tight community, tight like Lady Vaginismus, impressive like Olympus Mons, but wíth an atmosphere, not like that Mars-ridden sandcrap. Maybe I should spam the crap out of this small, but impressively tight community, crap like finding out that the whole world fell for this 'Change' that Barack Obama spewed out. What a crock, what a bastard.

We are naïve, naïve like thinking we don't need Reirom to survive. We need Reirom. I need Level 2.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:06 pm

What do you guys think:
Is it better for "Pro Mode" to disable all controls for the lapped player instead of just disabling his acceleration?
This would make impossible for those players to use that left speed to navigate their cars to the road like they're doing it now almost every time they can.

Oompa

Post by Oompa » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:58 pm

It would make it impossible for them to get out of the way as well. A touch could happen on a straight as well, and that would leave a trailing obstacle. Many drivers don't seem to expect the pro controls, as they are very busy trying to avoid being touched at all. Besides, you have to go somewhere. Better to rely on trust that they won't Rei ;)

Maybe one could invent a blue flag-system. When the lapping car comes within 2 seconds, a blue flag (or spot or square, or a sound) is displayed (or heard...).

But only if we ignore the leaders who actually aim for backmarkers to trample upon.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Oompa wrote:Maybe one could invent a blue flag-system. When the lapping car comes within 2 seconds, a blue flag (or spot or square, or a sound) is displayed (or heard...).

It's another topic, and it's already on the LIST.

I was just thinking that it will be less messy on the track if lapped players would lose all controls when touched. In theory, current pro rules should force players to go out of the track and park their car there. But in reality, it never happens. :) Those bastards will always do their best just to stay on the track as long as they can.

I know that pro rules isn't the perfect prevention, but if we have it - it should be more useful.

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:20 am

Oompa wrote:Why am I still level 1? /----/

We are naïve, naïve like thinking we don't need Reirom to survive. We need Reirom. I need Level 2.

I have been on this forum for 10 years and I am only level 3 :S

Aaaanyway. Any progress reports on the new turbosliders version. I had literally forgotten that this was being worked on.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:56 pm

xzeal wrote:Aaaanyway. Any progress reports on the new turbosliders version. I had literally forgotten that this was being worked on.

I just found I didn't add you to the Beta testers group. Feel free to see what's already done. Anyway, YES, Ande is still kinda away. At least I didn't have any conversation with him for a months.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri May 16, 2014 3:20 pm

Brake+acceleration keys results just as brake now. But, what do you guys think if the speed would just freeze in that case?
I mean, if you're holding acceleration key to reach virtual 80 km/h, you could keep that speed by holding brake key together with it. Maybe even more natural way would be if the car still brakes by acceleration+brake, but this time much slower. Basically, braking while accelerating shouldn't result as a normal brake, but as some softer brake (it shouldn't produce the tire marks).

I feel that it could make a lot of new driving possibilities. I'm just not sure if that would have bad influence on resources.